Regardless of the type of business you’re in, if you want to remain competitive, the digitalising of business processes is amust. In fact, it has been for some time. The difference now, is that the business world finds itself in a pandemic-imposed “Paperless Revolution” that is speeding up the process, with many businesses seeing unprecedented and unexpected growth because of it.
Digitalisation is an integration of multiple systems and applications that hugely reduces the amount of paper (which goes hand-in-hand with onerous manual methods) that businesses use (or misuse).
Here are a few reasons we can say the Notorious 2020/2021 actually started something good:
- It forced us to go digital and speed up business processes (think digital forms and digital signatures, digital document management, productivity apps).
- It resulted in greater accuracy overall, with customers and employees using digital forms – as opposed to human hands that are more prone to error.
- It’s been a godsend for the environment, in more ways than one. Just in the paperless respect, it’s meant less paper – which, in turn, means less landfill-related emissions, less energy and happier forests (to name a few).
- It’s given us the gift of tighter security. A digital workflow allows documents to be saved in the cloud (way safer than in your filing cabinet) and it also has inherent encryption going for it.
- Importantly, because customers are the lifeline of any business, it has forced businesses to give their customers exactly what they want – the convenience and speed of transacting digitally, instead of on paper.
Have you started seeing the benefits of a move to digital? Would you like to know how to make the whole transition seamless, and your business operations slick?